July 10, 2008

Tangled Christmas Tree Lights..... No Problem

.... compared to all this. I would say that I am pretty confident about most things. I'm not cocky... and I wouldn't say that I'm conceited, but I am pretty secure in handling most situations. However... there are two things that I can not wrap my head around. 1. Boys 2. Loans These two things are tricky... because you can't live with them... but you can't live without them. Here is one specific story that contains both of these.
I am nearing the end of my first round at college. In December I will have my bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. I am pretty excited to leave the college life and enter the real world, but I don't seem to have enough money. Most scholarships are four year deals, and this fall will be my ninth semester. That means that the people who have been paying for school are suddenly done. All the committees sent nice letters wishing me luck and success in the futures, but no more money. So I had to resort to taking out a loan. First, you have the option of getting subsidized or unsubsidized. I know the difference, but I don't know which one is which. I didn't know which one I qualified for and how to go about getting one. (You see... I am a math minor. I love math. But I hate business type math. Loans and taxes and the like are not my thing.) So I went to the financial aid office at my school. First of all... this place sucks. The service is shitty and everyone acts like they know exactly what they are talking about but you still get a different answer every time you ask a question. I signed in at the front desk and took a seat. There was only one person ahead of me this time so I figured the wait wouldn't be too long. As I sat, time ticked by... and another student came along. Somehow he ended up being helped before me. Then another studnet came, and she was called back before me too. The secretary could see the frustration on my face but she chose to ignore me. Forty-five minutes later... I finally get ushered into a room. The advisor introduces himself and we both sit down. I ask him specifics regarding the situation and blah blah blah. Next thing you know, we are talking about anything but loans. I swear I was in that room for half an hour talking about not loans. He did answer my questions but then he started flirting with me. I couldn't help but think how inappropriate it was. And he was flirting like a sixth grader. Seriously... I've never had anyone play footsie with me... until now. And I wasn't playing back. I was in shock. But he was slightly cute so I played along. He ended up giving me his number and sent me on my way. I waited a while and then finally contacted him... via emai. But I have yet to hear back from him. Hopefully I don't have any more loan problems... things could get awkward :)

No comments: