July 23, 2008

Warped Tour

Yes I am 22. And yes this year was my first time ever going to a warped tour. But it was amazing. I had tons of fun.... even though it was 2 million and seven degrees outside. The doors opened at 11 and we (we being myself and a friend) decided that getting there at ten would be good enough. We knew the lines would be long... but bands were playing all day long and the ONE we wanted to see surely would be later. For those of you who don't understand the whole warped tour idea, google it. No one releases what bands play when until the day of. So as we made our way to the end of the line... which was seven hundred and forty six blocks long, we started seeing signs that read "EVERY AVENUE: Smartpunk Stage @ 11:45." SHIT. If I drove all this way and spent all this money and didn't even get to see the ONLY band I really wanted to see, I was going to be pissed. The wait in line was agonizing. It was already hot and a homeless man was yelling go TIGER'S so that I would put money in his cup. (The concert was at Comerica Park- home to the Detroit Tiger's.) I didn't have any change, but if this man was too stupid to realize that we were not here for a Tiger's game, then he didn't deserve my money. Seriously... it was me, my friend, and a hundred thousand emo teenagers... some with thier emo parents. Finally... God came down from the heavens and opened more gates. People started flooding into the parking lot of Comerica Park. It was already 11:30 and we still had to find out what stage EVERY AVENUE would be at. We found it... pushed our way to the front row and rocked it out. Afterward, we made our way to thier merch tent and then over to the signing. With my new shorts and signed t-shirt I was ready to go home. It was only 3:00 but we didn't really care about any other bands and it was so hot that people were puking and passing out left and right. The ambulance had already been there 4 times. We walked back to where we paid to park and thankfully pulled right out. (There were some cars that were triple parked.) All in all, it was a great time. And I would gladly go back.

No comments: