May 09, 2008

I'm Ready....

Only two more days until I am on my way to Costa Rica. I leave Detroit at noonish, and I am pretty fricken excited. I have never been out of the county before, so this is a huge deal to me. I am looking forward to experiencing all of the things that come along with traveling. I have heard many horror stories about luggage and delayed flights, but I plan on being flexible. Losing my luggage would probably ruin my trip, but anything else will just become a great story. I will try my best to carry a positive attitude the whole time.
And I am debating whether or not to go on the white water rafting trip. I don't really like water, or small rafts. I'm too young to die. For those of you who know anything about this stuff, it's a class III river. I heard that a class IV river might kill you and a class V river will kill you, so I'm nervous! I know that white water rafting in Costa Rica is probably a once-in-a-lifetime-chance, but there are just some things that I'm not willing to risk my life for.
Finally, an update on Mr. Canada. He sucks. We finally met and it went anything but good. Apparently, all of a sudden, we live too far apart for this to work. And I'm not denying that we live far apart, but why is it a problem now? I think that he has too many things on his mind and I was taking away from some of the other things that he needed to think about. Lame, but true. I hope that he finds someone who makes him happy, or at least lives closer to him. But he did show me a whole bunch of things that I did not know. Canada is a pretty neat place.... with free healthcare and single lane highways. Huh.... if it was destined to happen, then it will happen. Until then.... I'm back to the single life :)

No comments: