February 26, 2008

1 Ticket + 3 Points = 23 Hours

Question: What is the difference between a complete stop and a stop?

Answer: Trick question. There is no difference. When my drivers training instructor asked me this question I said, "Well, a complete stop is when you stop all the way, and a stop is when you.... eh.... ummmm..... just stop?" Duh... stopping is stopping.

Okay, I appealed the ticket I wrote about earlier. The judge said that I could do community service in exchange for paying 105 dollars and getting 3 points on my license. The fee.... 23 hours of community service at a local Salvation Army Thrift Store. Today was my first day. I actually had to go through an orientation! Everyone who worked there, besides the managers, were there because they had gotten in trouble with the law and they had to fulfill a commitment. However, I was the only one doing the hours for a traffic violation. The other homies had sold drugs, committed robbery, and other unmentionables. I felt out of place to say the least. Jeans and a sweatshirt.... I was over dressed. And I only stayed for three hours.... because I had to use the bathroom, and there was not a chance in hell I was going to use the one they offered. Note to self: pee before you leave home. So I will serve my hours and stop at every fricken stop sign I come to. Lesson learned.

No comments: