January 13, 2008

A Little of This and Some More of That!

Well... school starts on Monday. For me... at 9:00 am. But I fully intend to go out on Sunday night like I always do. It has become a tradition and I see no need to break it just because of some stupid class. Hey.... trust me when I say it's hard work to become a 'regular' at a bar. It took lots of money and time. Now that I have obtained this ever so popular status, I am not willing to lose it. So I bet Monday morning will be tough. But I'm young, so I am fairly confident that I can handle it. I'll make sure to let you all know how it goes.

As for other things.... JCPenney sucks. (I know I already wrote about this... but I have to go pick up my last pay stub because they never mailed it to me, so I am mad again.) How can you be fired for not working hard enough when you worked until midnight four nights a week all through the holidays?! I'm not sure I understand. And I'm sure that I never will. However, I have learned a few things from my time there. 1. People are attracted to drama. They will find it no matter what. In fact, if there is no drama to be found, people will create drama. 2. Most people who use fitting rooms are ignorant. NO... it is not my job to pick up the clothes you tried on, turn them right side out, and then hang them on the hanger before I put them back on the rack. You're lucky I am putting them back for you. Seriously. Do you think that I am your mom or something. And if so... why would you even treat your mom like that. Here is a real life story from working at JCP.
SCENE: Trying to clear my fitting room rack, and help customers. All the while, keeping my eye on the girl in room two. She is trying on a hurricane of clothes. But since she is older (by older I mean clearly an adult) I am not worried that she is respectful enough to return her unwanted merchandise to the fitting room rack.
(GIRL WALKS OUT. CAN'T EVEN SEE FITTING ROOM FLOOR BECAUSE CLOTHES ARE EVERYWHERE)
ME: Ummm... are you finished in there.
Girl: Oh yeah.
ME: Okay, thank you..................... for not picking up after yourself.
Girl: Well.. that's your job isn't it.
ME: That's not even your mom's job.
Girl: (gasp)
ME: My name is Christa just in case you wanted to tell my manager!
I should have gotten fired for that. Anway, 3. JC stands for James Cash. The man with the plan.
And it's a great thing that I have a second job at Sears Portrait Studio... or I would be hurtin for some cash.
Finally... since this post seems to cover it all..... there's a boy. I know I know... so middle school. But he's cute, nice, and fun. He is also very shy. So things are moving kind of slow. But I am making progress. I'll make sure to fill you in on this topic too.
Okie dokie... thanks for reading!

1 comment:

The Charming Hedonist said...

Reason 4,586 I can never again work for corporate america. Thanks for the reminder!