January 05, 2008

Caution...

Please don't read this and start leaving comments about how wrong I am. This is strictly my opinion. You can have your opinion and if you want to share, feel free, but don't hate. Don't judge me, and I won't judge you. Thanks.

I am not a very political person. I vote. But I do not follow the elections. I find my own ways to get the information I need to make an education decision. I know that this is not the ideal way, but it's how I do it. I also believe that politics are not black and white. There are so many things that are not a simple yes or no choice. First example: abortion. Abortion should not be used as a form of birth control. It's not an easy out. But if I were raped, and became pregnant because of this, abortion should be an adoption. I should not be forced to have a child like that. Later down the road, am I supposed to say, "Oh... I don't know who your dad was, because he raped me. I didn't mean to have you, but that's just what happened." It's just not black and white.
Okay... I got a little side tracked.
I was watching the news last night and there was a segment about soldiers preparing to leave for Iraq. It made me think about the funeral I went to in 2007. A friend's brother passed away while over seas. There were so many people at the funeral, it was amazing. But there were also a lot of cop cars there. Turns out, they were there to guard against protesters. Are you kidding me? At a funeral? This soldier died because he was fighting for your freedom. This is where the black and white part comes in. If you don't want to support the war, tell the politicians, not the soldiers. Don't support the war, but support the men and women who are putting there lives on the line.... for you and your families.

2 comments:

The Stormin Mormon said...

Can't disagree with either of those sentiments.

I lost a couple friends when they were deployed to Iraq, and if anyone had showed up at their funerals to protest, it would have been their ticket to their own funeral.

christa said...

awesomely put.