October 03, 2007

EVERYONE has off days... not just YOU.

I am definitely a procrastinator. I have a bad habit of waiting until the last minute to do my homework. And sometimes I mis-judge how long it will take me to finish an assignment. This means I either have to come up with a really good excuse as to why I didn't finish the assignment, suffer the consequences, or hurry and do a crappy job. So... the other day, when I had a PowerPoint presentation due, I told my prof that the presentation was done, but when I transferred the file from my home computer to the school computer to print it off, the pictures didn't load. Pretty good, huh? Anyway, she said that for her to be able to accept it, that I would have to turn it in by midnight. No problem, it was only 9:00 pm. All I had to do was go home, finish it, bring it back to school to print, and then slide it under the door. But when I got home, I logged on to instant messenger. Something I haven't done in months. And to my surprise, a friend was also logged on. You see, she is in Korea, being and army person. So I haven't talked to her in a long, long time. We ended up talking for TWO hours. Then... I figured that no one would be at school at midnight anyway... so who could tell if I was there by then or not. I decided to finish the assignment, making it super duper cool, and pull an all-nighter. Then, I left my house at 6:30 am so I could be at the school before 7:00 to slide it under the door. But when I got to school... the door was open.... and the secretary was already there. SHIT. So I turned in my paper... and she saw me. I emailed my prof and told her that I came back to the school before midnight but that the computer lab was already closed. I explained in a very nice and long email that I couldn't print it at home because I don't have a printer... which is true. I apologized for my poor planning. And she sent back to me... "okay." What the fuck does 'okay' mean. Whatever. So I go to class... and she hands to assignment back. On the bottom is says, "Wow... this was REALLY WELL DONE! It's too bad that you didn't turn it in on time. Is it possible that I can have a copy to use as a future reference?" Then... a big fat 0 out of 20. Are you kidding me?!?!
So I get over it. Until later in the class when she tells us that we have a new assignment. And she would show us an example, but she left it on her desk at home because she wasn't feeling well. You know what... 0 out of fuckin 20 for you too bitch.

1 comment:

The Stormin Mormon said...

Sounds like a total bitch. I had an English prof like that back in school. The woman made me hate an entire quarter of classes, and the only bad one was hers.